2018 Summer Concert Series was a resounding success!
We held 10 concerts with a total of 3,522 attendees which averaged out to 352 attendees each evening. Our highest attendance was 600 for the Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy. Fabulous response and such dedicated fans.
Thank you to the Town of Osoyoos for your financial support, to AG Foods for the bottled water for the musicians and an extra special thank you to those who came out and enjoyed the concerts. The Three Amigos are now taking a well deserved siesta.
Osoyoos Music in the Park – 2018 Overview
Gyro Beach Bandshell at the Foot of Main Street
6:30pm – 8:30pm
June 29 – Brian Highley
- An evening of acoustic favourites from the Beatles, Rolling Stones and others. Brian is blessed with the raspy voice of a Bryan Adams or Michael Bolton.
July 6 – Aaron Halliday
- Aaron delivers a fabulous country music performance. Not to be missed!
July 13 – Hillside Outlaws
- Enjoy this rock’in country band with a high energy mix of modern country hits as well as their own original tunes.
July 20 – Uncorked
- Uncorked is one of the South Okanagan’s favourite dance bands with an extensive and varied playlist. You will find it hard not to get up and dance to their top hit music from the 60’s to today.
July 27 – Impulse Response
- A soul, groove and R&B quartet. Group is small with big sound infused with sweet and soulful harmonies.
August 3 – Sabrina Weeks Dance Band
- Get ready to laugh out loud, dance uncontrollably, sing along and get lost in a series of unforgettable moments with this high energy pop band.
August 10 – Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy
- The 35 member Naden Band will fill Gyro Park with positive energy, great pop tunes and lots of laughter.
August 17 – Daniel Gervais
- High energy folk music from a Canadian Grand Master Fiddle Champion Daniel will perform a variety of traditional fiddle styles and classical violin. He is a master at storytelling and engaging his audience with fascinating bits of history. He’ll be accompanied by his brother Matthew Gervais.
August 24 – Cod Gone Wild
- Celtic inspired band with a dynamic and unique sound that will instantly connect and draw you in. Uplifting to say the very least!
August 31 – Rusty Rails
- Rusty Rails will perform an eclectic mix of bluegrass, swing, Canadian folk, traditional roots, old time, Celtic and gospel music. The musicians combine stringed instruments with powerful harmonic vocals to tell stories of Canada with fascinating lore and lots of humour.
The Osoyoos Music in the Park program is produced by local residents Janis St Louis, Roland Berg and Debbie Dundass calling themselves The Three Amigos. Our mandate is to provide free live musical entertainment in Gyro Park in the summer months for the enjoyment of residents and visitors.
Bring a blanket or lawn chair to Gyro Park at the foot of Main Street and enjoy great music and beautiful surroundings.