2020 Cancelled due to Covid – 19 Pandemic
With disappointment and broken hearts we need to inform you that the 2020 Osoyoos Music in the Park concert series has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Darn, Darn, DARN.
We had an outstanding lineup with musicians based in the Southern Okanagan, in Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria and Toronto so we almost had a coast-to-coast line up for the first time ever in what would have been our sixth season. Everyone was so looking forward to the performing here:
June 26 Songs of the Southern Belles
July 3 Hillside Outlaws / The Promised
July 10 Yard Katz
July 17 Flashback
July 24 Taylor Rae
July 31 Adonis Puentes
August 7 Me & Mae
August 14 The Marwills
August 21 Timbre Wolves
August 28 The Blueshounds
To our appreciative audience and to the musicians who had hoped to grace our stage this summer we hope you are weathering this storm as best as possible. We will miss the buzz and anticipation of live music on Friday evenings in our beautiful little O Town.
Janis, Roland and Debbie
Application Process now closed for Summer 2020
Deadline January 15, 2020
Osoyoos Music in the Park is a volunteer driven free, family oriented concert series funded by the Town of Osoyoos via the BC Resort Municipality Initiative. Concerts are held Friday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:30pm commencing June 26, 2020 to August 28, 2020 for a total of ten concerts.
We supply the stage, promotion and electrical power.
We require you either bring or rent a sound system.
We request full bands with a minimum of four members. We do not want sound tracks. We regret we do not have sufficient funding to provide accommodations.
Please go to our web page to complete the Artist Application:
Thank you in advance. The Three Amigos – Janis, Roland and Debbie
Record Attendance for the 2019 Summer Concert Series
“If it’s Friday you know where you need to be”
The Amigos are thrilled to report the free weekly concerts saw an average of 700 people attend each concert, compared to 352 last year, for a combined total of 6,500 people for the ten concerts. The surge in attendance can be attributed to an increase in funding from the Town of Osoyoos allowing us to hire larger bands from further afield; targeted promotion via Facebook and dedicated promotion by Destination Osoyoos.
To round out the season Osoyoos Music in the Park was nominated for an Arts & Culture Engagement Award by the Osoyoos & District Arts Council. Although we didn’t win the recognition was appreciation enough.
Thank you to the Town of Osoyoos for your financial support and access to the Sonora Centre, to the wineries who donated to the Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Military and AG Foods for the bottled water for the musicians. A special thank you to all who attended. Our hearts are full.
June 28 – Cod Gone Wild
Based out of BC’s Okanagan Valley since 2009, this Celtic inspired band is focused on giving traditional music a modern edge.
July 5 – Room to Dance
The distinct sound of Room to Dance is built around the natural blend of JC and Andy’s voices, and their authentic renditions of people’s favourite cover tunes.
July 12 – Yard Katz
Yard Katz is a classic rock and blues band from Penticton who will get your toes tapping to the tunes of The Band, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steve Earl and lots in between.
July 19 – Taylor-Rae and The Backseat Driver’s
With a kick of modern country/rock fusion, Taylor-Rae has created a sound unlike any other. She was named the winner of the 2018 BCCMA “Breakthrough Project” competition.
July 26 – Peggie Nora
Peggie is a Maritime girl who has performed from coast to coast, but calls Osoyoos home. Peggie has been singing country music since the age of four on CBC Radio and CBC Television.
August 2 – Hillside Outlaws
Hillside Outlaws is a rockin’ country band with a high energy mix of classic and modern country hits as well as their own original tunes. Get ready for a fusion of traditional country crossed with a gritty twist.
August 9 – Naden Band of The Royal Canadian Navy
The Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy is comprised of thirty-five professional full-time musicians. Over 650 folks attended their concert last summer.
August 16 – Sabrina Weeks Dance Band
Sabrina and Mike are very diverse entertainers with fabulous musicality, a quirky sense of humour and a wide range of repertoire. As of late, Sabrina and Mike have been performing aboard Princess Cruise Ships thrilling audiences from all over the world.
August 23 – Timbre Wolves
Timbre Wolves hail from Summerland and perform classic rock from the 60’s to the 90’s in an unforgettable high energy performance.
August 30 – Suz n’ Jonny’s Blues Band
Suz ’n Jonny’s Blues Band is a hard driving live act from Kamloops covering everything from classic songs of the fifties and sixties to more contemporary selections, as well as, original songs. Suzi Rawn was a fourth-place contestant on Canadian Idol.
2018 Summer Concert Series was a resounding success!
We held 10 concerts with a total of 3,522 attendees which averaged out to 352 attendees each evening. Our highest attendance was 600 for the Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy. Fabulous response and such dedicated fans.
Thank you to the Town of Osoyoos for your financial support, to AG Foods for the bottled water for the musicians and an extra special thank you to those who came out and enjoyed the concerts. The Three Amigos are now taking a well deserved siesta.
Osoyoos Music in the Park – 2018 Overview
Gyro Beach Bandshell at the Foot of Main Street
6:30pm – 8:30pm
June 29 – Brian Highley
- An evening of acoustic favourites from the Beatles, Rolling Stones and others. Brian is blessed with the raspy voice of a Bryan Adams or Michael Bolton.
July 6 – Aaron Halliday
- Aaron delivers a fabulous country music performance. Not to be missed!
July 13 – Hillside Outlaws
- Enjoy this rock’in country band with a high energy mix of modern country hits as well as their own original tunes.
July 20 – Uncorked
- Uncorked is one of the South Okanagan’s favourite dance bands with an extensive and varied playlist. You will find it hard not to get up and dance to their top hit music from the 60’s to today.
July 27 – Impulse Response
- A soul, groove and R&B quartet. Group is small with big sound infused with sweet and soulful harmonies.
August 3 – Sabrina Weeks Dance Band
- Get ready to laugh out loud, dance uncontrollably, sing along and get lost in a series of unforgettable moments with this high energy pop band.
August 10 – Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy
- The 35 member Naden Band will fill Gyro Park with positive energy, great pop tunes and lots of laughter.
August 17 – Daniel Gervais
- High energy folk music from a Canadian Grand Master Fiddle Champion Daniel will perform a variety of traditional fiddle styles and classical violin. He is a master at storytelling and engaging his audience with fascinating bits of history. He’ll be accompanied by his brother Matthew Gervais.
August 24 – Cod Gone Wild
- Celtic inspired band with a dynamic and unique sound that will instantly connect and draw you in. Uplifting to say the very least!
August 31 – Rusty Rails
- Rusty Rails will perform an eclectic mix of bluegrass, swing, Canadian folk, traditional roots, old time, Celtic and gospel music. The musicians combine stringed instruments with powerful harmonic vocals to tell stories of Canada with fascinating lore and lots of humour.
The Osoyoos Music in the Park program is produced by local residents Janis St Louis, Roland Berg and Debbie Dundass calling themselves The Three Amigos. Our mandate is to provide free live musical entertainment in Gyro Park in the summer months for the enjoyment of residents and visitors.
Bring a blanket or lawn chair to Gyro Park at the foot of Main Street and enjoy great music and beautiful surroundings.